A Natural Solution to Overcoming the Pain of Plantar Fasciitis!
Anyone who suffers from Plantar Fasciitis knows how excruciatingly painful this condition can be, and would probably be willing to do just about anything to get some relief from the pain!
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar Fasciitis is a condition common amongst runners and sporting athletes (but can strike anyone), that results in inflammation of the plantar fascia, which is the tendon that runs the length of the bottom of the foot. This tendon provides cushioning and acts as a shock absorber, supporting the arch of the foot when running, walking and standing. Repetitive stretching and/or tearing can result in irritation and inflammation of this area.
Common symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis.
- Sharp, stabbing pain in the bottom of the foot
- A feeling as though there is a pebble in your shoe under the heel
- Pain in the foot upon rising in the morning, which may subside and then build again after exercise or standing for a period of time
- Tight Achilles heel and/or calf muscles can often be a precursor to Plantar Fasciitis
What are some of the common causes of Plantar Fasciitis?
- Certain types of exercise and/or improper training preparation; in particular runners and dancers
- Individuals who are flat footed or who have high arches are more prone to Plantar Fasciitis
- Occupations that involve individuals standing on their feet on hard surfaces for long periods of time
- Age – more prevalent amongst females between the ages of 40-60 years
Low Level Laser for the Treatment of Plantar Fasciitis.
Research has found that Low Level Laser Therapy can be very effective in the treatment of this sometimes excruciating condition*. It uses light to boost the body’s natural healing ability in response to pain, inflammation, swelling and muscular spasm, whilst at the same time increasing oxygen levels to sick and injured cells. It is a non-invasive, painless, safe, effective, drug free therapy that offers patients a natural solution to getting out of pain.